Sunday, November 23, 2008

Photo Post: Grant's Mosaic Benches Restored


I have always loved these mosaic benches that sit around Grant's Tomb at 122nd Street and Riverside Drive. Now they're even prettier (and safer!) thanks to a restoration done by CITYarts, a public art-loving non-profit organization based in New York City. I stopped by there today to take some pictures to encourage you all to take a stroll over and have a cup of hot cocoa on these beautiful and surprisingly comfortable benches. Plus, Grant's Tomb is delightfully neo-Classical, so you should check that out, too.





2 comments:

Ariel said...

Whoa! The mosaic benches look incredible! I can't even belive they're the same ones I left behind in May. Go drink a gingerbread latte there on my behalf.

Miss you as always!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I've been visiting this place a lot lately, but only noticed the benches last week. Apparently I also like neo-Classical.